More than a cultural center that showcases the best of the arts in the Philippines, the CCP is an adventurous experience…
Engage the youth and all sectors of the society in a unique and rich way of experiencing the arts through informances and artractions that are fun, yet educational.
Audience Development Programs
CHILDREN AND YOUTH PROGRAMS
A program that will enhance the student’s education through the integration of arts education into the learning experience. It ensures the availability of quality and purpose-driven programs that would offer exciting opportunities for students to discover, explore, and create art.
- Batang CCP
- Activities geared towards providing opportunities for students to learn in the arts, through the arts and about the arts. Activities are either on-site, off-site, and online.
INFORMANCES AND ARTRACTIONS
Performances and exhibits that are especially designed to give information and educational values about art and culture.
- Amazing Tuklas Sining
- CCP Pasinaya Arts Education Program for students and teachers from the different Dep-Ed School Divisons in the NCR, that involves exposing, experiencing, and exploring the arts.
- Young People’s Concert
- CCP Resident Companies bringing quality arts performances to schools and communities
WORKSHOPS, SEMINAR, LECTURE-DEMO SERIES
Programs for schools and communities that are educational, but still engaging and interactive.
- Sining Alamin
- Multi-disciplinary lecture-demonstration for arts appreciation and audience development. Conducted in coordination with different artists and artistic groups and organizations.
- Sining sa Eskwela
- A week-long arts and culture series training specifically designed for teachers of the Special Program for the Arts (SPA) schools.
- National Folk Dance Workshop for Teachers
- Teacher training program using knowledge and skills in folk /traditional dance as medium in enhancing the arts education teaching and learning process in the schools.
MEDIA - ART ON AIR / ART ONLINE
Development and utilization of the best practices in educational media and multimedia-supported art activities.
- DiskARTE (Weekly Radio Program)
- Online Arts-centered Learning Experience
Aim for excellence through our training programs ranging from Masterclasses, lectures, workshops, clinics, conferences, competitions, recitals and artist fellow exchange.
Artist Training Programs
INTENSIVE TRAINING FOR ARTISTS-TEACHERS AND POTENTIAL ARTISTS
High level artistic training programs for artists, artist-teachers and potential artists in the creative arts. Activities include masterclasses, clinics, seminars, lectures, mentoring programs, showcases, etc.
One-on-one coaching sessions with art experts training advanced students in performance and technique.
You Can't Be Neutral in History
From the Introduction to You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train
By Howard Zinn
I had been invited to give a talk in Kalamazoo Michigan. It was the night of the final televised presidential debate of the 1992 campaign, and to my surprise (did they need a break from election madness?) there were several hundred people in the audience. This was the quincentennial year of the Columbus landing in the Western Hemisphere and I was speaking on 'The Legacy of Columbus, 1492-1992.'
Ten years earlier, in the very first pages of my book People's History of the United States, I had written about Columbus in a way that startled my readers