Swindon College photography

Art courses Swindon College

Welcome to Swindon College School of Art. The School of Art at Swindon College has a long and illustrious history; established in 1896, it has been providing specialist art and design education ever since

Over time our curriculum offer has evolved and the School of Art now encompass Design, Media and Production Arts (Media Make-Up). We are proud of our local and national reputation and continue to offer an exciting and broad range of art, design and media courses.

You are probably reading this information as you have a passion for some particular type of Art or Design, so it is also worth knowing that the Creative Industries are currently big business: Within the United Kingdom, they turn over some £60 billion a year, generate £16 billion of exports, employ around 2 million people and have consistently grown faster than the economy as a whole. So if you are looking for a career within the Creative Industries you are in the right place.

We feel it is important that we offer a variety of different level courses to suit all ages and abilities. We have a range of Further Education courses as well as both undergraduate and postgraduate Higher Education programmes.

Further Education courses are at Levels 1, 2 and 3:

Introductory and First Diplomas, National Extended Diplomas, Foundation diploma and Access to Higher Education

Higher Education courses are at Levels 4, 5, 6 and 7:

HNC/HND, BA (Hons) Degree, MA Degree.

Having courses at all levels means that students can choose to progress their education within the School of Art or apply to other courses across the UK.

You might also like
Painting & Decorating Courses - MidKent College
Painting & Decorating Courses - MidKent College
West Cheshire College: Nail Art
West Cheshire College: Nail Art
Art History Short Courses at Chelsea College of Arts
Art History Short Courses at Chelsea College of Arts

Where to Go....

by travelhound

Los Angeles for Less
By: Joseph Anthony
Aerial view of Los Angeles. Photograph by Bruce Dale.
To enjoy Los Angeles, let alone get a good deal, you have to focus. Los Angeles County is 4,083 square miles huge; more than three million people live within the city limits. Out-of-towners can easily spend a large part of their vacation trapped behind the wheel of a car, becoming more familiar with the famed freeway system than they ever cared to.
Fortunately, an L.A. vacation doesn’t have to be that way. Instead of trying to cover massive amounts of real estate, concentrate on a few special neighborhoods in the 15 miles between downtown and the ocean that offer plenty of activities and lots of safe, affordable options

Popular Q&A

Which Colleges teach courses for future art teachers?

I don't know any specifically for art. I'm in the same situation. Look for schools that offer Education as a major, minor, or teaching crential. It depends aslo on where you want to go-out of state? in state? What state do you live in?If you're in grad school: SUNY Albany (in NY) is supposed to have one of the top 10 programs for Edu and VanderbiltUndergrad/grad:Vanderdilt University (TN), Smith College (MA), Mount Holyoke (MA), Chapman University (CA), UCI (CA), Boston University (MA), Bowdoin College (ME), St. Mary's College of Maryland (MD), University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Crest C…

What college courses are considered arts and humanities?

English, Language, and Social Studies courses are considered arts and humanities courses.

What are the core college courses for an Associate of Arts Degree?

Depends on the associate degree but most will require math and english classes.

Related Posts