Discover a new way to study at 14 with South Devon High School
South Devon High School,based at South Devon College,Paignton campus,is a new and exciting option at Key Stage 4. From September 2014,pupils entering Year 10 will have a new choice - studying at South Devon High School combining GCSEs in core subject areas,including English,Maths and Science,with a specialist technical pathway. The government believe that for many young people,combining academic and technical qualifications will give them the very best chance to succeed. At South Devon High School,pupils will develop skills valued by employers and benefit from work related learning,using state of the art,industry standard,equipment and resources.
We offer a programme of 8 GCSE's including a number of technical qualifications,such as:
- Digital Media and Creative Arts
- Eco Technologies
- Leadership and Coaching in Sport and Adventure
- Sports Science
- Design in Construction
- Childcare and Development
- Personal and Business Finance
- Health and Social Care
More information on all of these qualifications coming soon...
Pupils will have the opportunity to:
- Complete a programme of 8 GCSEs ( or equivalent ) including a specialist subject qualification
- Personalise their study programme through a choice of GCSEs,technical qualifications and enrichment opportunities.
- Develop professional skills and knowledge in employment areas demanded in this region.
- Study a curriculum designed to improve their employability and career prospects.
- Fast track to a guaranteed place on a course at South Devon College at the age of 16,which might be a full time technical course,A Levels,or an Apprenticeship.
Peoples Bark News Berkeley (Part 2)
This is a continuation of the Peoples Bark News
officials about your vote. Also, Bush has two daughters who are college age...do you think that they would be on the front line? How do you think it will perceived if 19 and 20 year olds are being asked to serve this country and his daughters are still making
headlines getting drunk at rat parties?
BARBARA LEE: That poses the kind of questions and dilemmas before us. There are many questions that have to be asked..the kind of terrain ahead of us in a country we don?t know, how much collateral loss will we be inflicting in terms of innocent women and
children? Loss of life is loss of life. The Congress needs to ask these questions, force the administration
to answer these questions. That does not mean that we, and I, are not unified. I'm sure I will hear from the
administration, I'm on the foreign affairs committee.
I see Secretary Po…