Who:For children ages 6-14 (camps are divided by age groups: 6-8, 9-11, and 12-14)
What: Join us for a week of fun and creativity at the Museum this summer. Students gain access to the Museum’s galleries outside of our normal operating hours as they experiment with art and technology.
These full-day camps offer in-depth art experiences for South Bay youth. Led by Museum faculty and inspired by our current exhibitions, the Museum’s popular Summer Art Camps teach kids how to look at, talk about and create art. Each student receives an art supply kit containing all the materials they need, and the camp culminates in a one-day public exhibition of student work. Young artists explore drawing, painting mixed media, sculpture, and design as they visit the galleries to gather inspiration from exhibited artwork.
Campers receive an art supply kit containing all the materials they need, and families are invited to a one-day public exhibition of campers’ work. Each week-long camp is offered Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Teen Camp (ages 12-14) June 23 – 27 and July 21 – 25 only.
When: June 9, 2014 through July 25, 2014, Monday-Friday, 9:30 AM–4:30 PM. The week-long camp is offered six times. Teen Camp (ages 12-14) June 23 – 27 and July 21-25 only
- Week 1: June 9-13, (student exhibition June 28)
- Week 2: June 16-20, (student exhibition June 28)
- Week 3: June 23-27 Teen Camp + Regular Camp, (student exhibition June 28)
- Week 4: July 7-11, (student exhibition July 26)
- Week 5: July 14-18, (student exhibition July 26)
- Week 6: July 21-25 Teen Camp + Regular Camp, (student exhibition July 26)
Due to the high demand for these camps, you may only register for one week.
Online registration only. Museum members at the Dual/Family level, or above, at the time of camp will receive priority registration and a $50 discount. Take advantage of this benefit, join or renew your Membership now. You can also become a SJMA member when registering for camp.
Priority Member’s registration: February 3–9, 2014 (includes existing/new/renewing Members at the Dual/Family level or above)
General registration: Begins February 10, 2014
Questions regarding the program? Please contact us at (408) 291-5393
- Click on the link below.
- Under “Programs” select the “View” button next to Summer Art Camp 2014.
- You cam use the AGE filter on the left to show available sessions for your child’s age (at time of camp).
- Look for your desired week and click the “ADD” button next to your affiliation with SJMA (SJMA Member $275, Non-Member $325, or New/Renewing Member $350). New and Renewing Members will be contacted by our Membership department after you register.
- After selecting “ADD” you will see your choice in “Your Selections”. You may register another camper by filtering for that child’s age and selecting the appropriate session; just make sure to register for the correct week and age group. When your sessions are selected clock “CONTINUE”.
- Input participant’s information.
- Input your information.
- Complete registration form and payment processing.
- Museum Members: $275*
- Non-Members: $325
- Museum Membership at the Dual/Family Level + Camp: $350
*Museum membership at the Dual/Family level, or above, at the time of registration is required for discount.